- 100g butter or margarine
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 Teaspoon Cocoa Powder
- 5 Glace Cherries chopped
- 2 Tablespoon mixed dried fruit
- 2 eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C , place 12 paper cases into a muffin tin.
2. Using a wooden spoon, beat the butter and sugar until very light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs individually, beating each one in well before adding the next.
4. Carefully fold in the flour cocoa and ground ginger.
5. Fold in the Glace Cherries and dried fruit and carefully spoon into the cake cases
6. Bake in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes. After 10 minutes, check to see if the cupcakes are ready by inserting a cocktail stick into one of the cupcakes. If it comes out dry then the cupcakes are done. If not pop them back in the oven for a few minutes more.
7. Lift the cupcakes out of the muffin tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.
I find that the fruit sweetens the cakes and stops them from drying out, I like to eat these as a kind of tea loaf rather than a cupcake and do not put any icing on them, it’s all down to personal taste.