Garlic and Broccoli Rigatoni – serves 2 -3
1 Head of Broccoli
Tablespoon Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
4 cloves garlic
1. Cook the broccoli in a pan of salted water for 3-4 minutes, remove out of the water leaving the water in the pan. Add the pasta to the pan and top up with water if needed.
2. Slice the garlic very finely, If you don’t have a garlic slicer I find a vegetable peeler works just as well as long as it it done carefully.
3. Add the olive oil to a large pan and heat, add the garlic and paprika and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the broccoli to the garlic and cook for a further 10 minutes over a low heat.
5. Remove 1/2 a cup of water from the pasta pan and drain the pasta.
6. Add the cooked pasta and water to the broccoli and cook for a further 5 minutes until everything is coated and the flavours are infused.
7. Serve with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.